Mercedes-Benz is a partially autonomous vehicle. The first version of driving assistance occurred in S-Class in autumn 2013 and was named Intelligent Drive. Since then, it is constantly changing and upgrading.
Mercedes-Benz presented the new sedan with autonomous opportunities, which allow the car to control the movement even on the most difficult sections of the road. The presentation happened in North America. The car of the E-class has the average size and is equipped with two cameras. They create the map of possible dangers at distance of 55 yards ahead. The cruise control allows reaching the speed up to 130 miles an hour.
This model of Mercedes was presented in the USA in summer 2016. It is equipped with the gasoline engine with 4 cylinders. The volume is 241 liters. The next models have a speedway Diesel. What will we see in the new self-driving car model?
• Lane assisting help to keep the stable movement of the car at speeds up to 130 miles an hour and to remain lane-centered at a speed of 81 miles an hour. Mercedes declares that the car can trace other vehicles and distinguishes one-way traffic on lanes. At achievement of high speeds, the car at the same time provides the bigger coefficient of safety on the American roads. Where the greatest concentration is necessary, cars demand that the driver placed hands on a wheel each 10-15 second, otherwise the system of the help to the driver will be disconnected.
• The car is equipped with Lane Assist. It is the system based on radars and cameras. It allows monitoring veering. After the index reports the direction, the car waits for 2 seconds to convince that the road is really clear and then turns the car in this or that part.
• Active Brake Assist with the function of cross-traffic also helps with detection of cars and pedestrians. The car slows down if it finds traffic while you aren’t going to be slowed down. Also, it distinguishes if you bumped against a final part of a traffic where there is no space to maneuver. Mercedes declares that the car helps to avoid accidents in 43 miles an hour and reduces the gravity of crashes if you go quicker.
• Absolutely new electronic E-Class Evasive steering with the function of detection of pedestrians gets straightened out afterward after steering around them.
• Active Blind Spot Assist helps to find danger of crash not only on the highway but also on the city road.
• The special sound gives a loud signal with the audio system if finds the greatest threat of the crash. It causes natural reflection, which prepares passengers for a crash sound if it occurs.
• Parking Pilot helps to leave the place of the parking or to park by means of smartphone application even if there is no driver in a passenger compartment. It facilitates the parking of cars in narrow places and small garages.
• Function Car-to-X allows distinguishing cars in front and finding possible obstacles behind them.
• The car wheel has hyper-sensibility and reacts quicker.
• LED lamps provide a comfort light around. The choice of different colors and warming colors is also available.